Building a business from the ground up is a satisfying venture for the aspiring entrepreneur. What’s so fulfilling is watching your own big dreams unfold- seeing the success you’ve created. Accomplishing something like this will make you feel pretty darn proud of yourself. And rightfully so!
Before any of this can happen, a lot of hard work has to be put in. Your time and energy will most likely be consumed by this project, especially in the beginning stages. Although, this is what makes the success taste particularly sweet.
Another thing that might catch you by surprise, is how quickly costs start to add up. You may have heard the saying, “it takes money to earn money”. Yes, there’s a lot of truth to this. But there are also ways to avoid some expenses and cut costs significantly. Continue reading and I’ll tell you how.
If you have a product or service, why not barter with it? Business owners at all levels can be seen collaborating with other people or businesses. It’s helpful for networking, plus it can save a lot of money.
Here are a couple examples of how you can collaborate-
- Barter Exchange- think about it- let’s say you’re a skilled website developer but you need help with graphic design. You know that somewhere out there, there’s a graphic designer that knows nothing about website building.
Make it your mission to find them and negotiate a trade! Check out Simbi- a platform for trading services. There’s a business section which includes digital services such as marketing, graphic design, and web development.
- Work with Influencers- this is a powerful tactic to getting your brand recognized. You can start by negotiating a deal with an influencer that has a thriving following. They’ll probably request a trade for your product and a percentage of the sales they bring in.
Connect with influencers with Klear’s influencer marketing software. They even offer a free trial for new subscribers.
Know Your Free Design Resources
There are numerous free tools for entrepreneurs on a shoe-string budget. You just have to know where to find them. Here are a few reputable, free resources for the different steps of business-
- Logo Creator- design a striking, unique logo for your business in a few short minutes. It’s a simple but effective tool.
- Canva- create stunning social media posts, marketing materials, and printable collateral with this full-featured design tool.
- Wix- a free website builder. Saves you time and money with easy-to-use design tools.
Don’t Pay for Advertising
If you’re hoping to promote business and drive website traffic, start with the methods that don’t cost money. Social media and a blog are a great way to start.
By doing this, you won’t be putting yourself in the hole before seeing any type of payoff. And you can always invest in advertising as business starts to pick up. Here are some tips for building your base audience-
- Integrate Your Blog with SEO- don’t be fooled by all of the SEO tools with a hefty price tag. If you’re just getting started, there are plenty of free resources for this.
Most SEO experts use a combination of tools to ensure maximum efficiency. Google offers their Keyword Research tool for free. This will give you a rough analysis for your SEO strategy, so I’d recommend using it in combination with Ubersuggest’s Chrome extension.
- Engage on Social Media- there are countless possibilities with the power of social media. Find your audience, learn about them, and find out how your product can make their lives better. Promote your business and watch website traffic grow!
To build a quality following, you have to do your part by sharing juicy content they’ll enjoy engaging with. Videos and interactive content are ultra trendy going into the new year. On that note, here are a couple more free resources for you-